Re: [opensuse] Re: No SANE devices found
On 23/05/16 03:27 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
But when I invoked /usr/bin/scanimage, I got the error message:

*scanimage: no SANE devices found*
I encountered this problem couple of years ago with my MFC7460DN. Later,
when I was installing the latest drivers using Brother install file on my
Debian Jessie the problem did not show up any longer.

1. Check if brsanenetdevice4.cg file in /opt/brother/scanner/ contains
correct information about your MFC. If not edit it accordingly.
Juan; none of that is necessary with the 7040, but it did remind me of
something I completely forgot about, which is quite necessary.

Wolfgang, in addition to installing the rpms, you need to edit
/etc/udev/rules.d/55-libsane.rules to add the following lines:

# Brother DCP-7040
ATTR{idVendor}=="04f9", ATTR{idProduct}=="01e9", MODE="0664",
GROUP="lp", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

Otherwise, the device will not be available to an ordinary user. I
cannot recall where I found the information (that was, after all, way
back with 12.1), but 01e9 definitely is the correct device ID for the 7040.