Re: [opensuse] Re: Hidden boot messages

Am 22.05.2016 um 18:33 schrieb Wilhelm Boltz:
Hello Wolfgang,

Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2016, 16:32:46 schrieb Wolfgang Mueller:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 04:14:17 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
Wolfgang Mueller composed on 2016-05-22 10:05 (UTC+0200):
Unless I press the F2 key, the boot messages are hidden behind a
picture called "openSuSE Artwork Team". Is it possible to have the
boot messages shown immediately without pressing the F2 key?

Try removing "quiet" from the bootloader's kernel cmdline. You
might want to try "splash=0" or "splash=verbose" as well.

Following your hint, I modified the grub configuration file:

cd /boot/grub2
mv grub.cfg grub.cfg.bak
sed -e 's, splash=silent quiet , splash=verbose ,' grub.cfg.bak >
grub.cfg

That helped. Thank you very much!

it will not last for long, as I fear. Have a look at:
<http://linux-club.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116565>

Greetings
Willi

At least when you add splash=verbose to the boot parameters using yast, it lasts for ever. It worked for me as long as I remember over many updates and kernel changes and it still works under 13.2 and leap.

Daniel
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137