[opensuse] Switching to SSD
I'm wanting to switch to a 120-250 GB SSD drive for just an OS drive for Tumbleweed, and want my /home on my existing 1 TB spinning rust drive. My current partition setup is about as simple as it gets:

> lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 156M 0 part /boot/efi
├─sda2 8:2 0 4G 0 part [SWAP]
├─sda3 8:3 0 20G 0 part /var/log
└─sda4 8:4 0 907.4G 0 part /home

From what I've read, there are a ton of different things one has the option of doing when switching to a SSD drive, such as enabling trim, creating a tmpfs, changing the default scheduler from cfq to deadline, overprovisioning the drive and many others. Since SSD's are so popular nowadays, I'm surprised that they aren't more plug and play with openSUSE. SSD's are practically zero configuration under Windows 10, so why isn't the same with openSUSE? I was planning on using btrfs and from what I've read trim is automatically enabled, so I guess I can skip that step?

If my 1 TB spinning rust drive will be my /home, then that will be the default location for FF's cache directory which means it will slow down the system. It sounds like bcache is an option for that dilemma, but I'm hearing mixed reviews on it with stories about corruption, bad performance, etc. So what is the best way to setup what I'm trying to do? Some guides so far I've found are below, the openSUSE wiki being completely out of date as the last version there listed is 11.4 which came out in 2011. Is that info even relevant now?

https://lizards.opensuse.org/2015/02/06/ssd-configuration-for-opensuse/
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/ssd-in-opensuse
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:SSD_performance