Re: [opensuse] claws-mail on leap
On 2016-05-20 13:52, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-20 12:36, Dave Howorth wrote:
I did something foolish and now I'm looking for help to understand what
I did wrong and how to recover from it.

I'm [still] setting up a new machine with Leap and have got to the scary
part where I try to transfer my email account to it. I currently run a
very old Evolution on a different old machine but want to move to Claws.

Assuming your account is IMAP, as most accounts are, you don't need to
transfer anything. You just set it up in as many machines as you want.
Even a hundred machines. Just use mail, simultaneously or not.

I was brought up on systems that used to crash when the mail servers got full. Nowadays I don't want to leave my personal mail on the net for all the hackers in the world to search. So I download and delete the online copy.

Now, if you store email locally, you may have problems.

And that's why I'm asking :)