Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 21:29:18 -0400
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 2:19 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As with IPv4, the LAN side of the router must be on the same subnet as
the local network, so you still use 1 address there.
No. Router can use link local addresses only. It does not need any
public address or address in any given prefix.

As I mentioned, it usually uses the link local address, but can use an
address from the local network..
Actually, nothing in IPv4 requires this as well. It is more
historically grown convention to indicate which addresses are link
local.
What choice to you have in a broadcast domain, other than an IP address
within the subnnet? As I mentioned, the interface can be used on point
to point links.