RE: [opensuse] is Toshiba satellite L50-A-1EF supported by openSUSE?
  • From: "Ana Sofia Ferreira Ramos" <ramos.anasofiaferreira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:34:57 +0100
Hi
Thanks a lot!

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Anton Aylward [mailto:opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada: 17 de maio de 2016 21:28
Para: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: [opensuse] is Toshiba satellite L50-A-1EF supported by
openSUSE?

On 05/17/2016 03:11 PM, Ana Sofia Ferreira Ramos wrote:
Hello,

I am new here and I don't know how to ask my question and, sorry for
my basic question;

I need use a unix operative system for crystallography and I would
like to try openSUSE however I don't know if the architecture of my
laptop Toshiba satellite L50-A-1EF is supported by openSUSE.

Please, does anyone know ?
Thank you very much, Ana

One way to reassure yourself without actually doing an install is to make
use of one of the various "live" options, either as a CD/DVD or as a USB
stick. The latter is a !LOT! faster :-)

There are three such, named after noble gasses, that I'm aware of from the
Build Service, probably a lot more 'custom' in the library there.

https://build.opensuse.org/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Medias/images/iso/

Gnome Live I'm not sure about, but perhaps
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Medias/images/iso/

There are also the ISO for the 13.1 and 13.2 versions around.