Re: [opensuse] System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 09:47:09 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

16.05.2016 18:49, Per Jessen пишет:
Seems to be a bit of a Heisenbug. I have two test systems: "calcium"
(xen guest, been running longer, was patched today) and "temp78"
(freshly installed xen guest), both on the same xen host. Both
systems showed the problem today after upgrading.

After booting temp78 with "systemd.log_level=debug", at first I
suddenly seemed unable to reproduce, also when I removed that
parameter. Now the problem has reappeared. Then I rebooted both,
virtually at the same time, neither system had a problem. Then I
rebooted temp78, problem is back.

Yes, it is apparently some race here. Unfortunately it means you are
the only one who can possibly debug it :(

I wonder if it might be interesting to compare with a 13.2 system that
does not have this issue? On real HW though, not xen.

Adding log_level=debug also changes timings so it may hide this
problem.

Right.

Try at least removing "quiet" from kernel command line, can
you still reproduce it?

I rarely use "quiet", so yes, always reproducable without.

In 3-4-5 consecutive reboots, the problem is reproducable with a single
system, without log_level=debug. In 9-10 consecutive reboots with
log_level=debug, I didn't get a single case. As soon as I removed
log_level=debug, I got the first case.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.9°C)