Re: [opensuse] System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:12:33 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-05-16 13:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

16.05.2016 13:53, Per Jessen пишет:
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 05/16/2016 05:27 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I upgraded/patched a 13.2 xen guest just now and after
rebooting, I see $SUBJ when I login via ssh. What does
$SUBJ mean?

/run/nologin exists.

What is the ownership/permission and the contents of that
file?

# ls -l /run/nologin -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40 May 16 11:26
/run/nologin

I presume you've read the nologin man page?
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/pam_nologin.8.html

Yes, but it offers no clue as to why this suddenly started
happening.

Normally it should be removed by systemd-user-sessions.service
on bootup. If you remove this file and reboot - does it appear
again?

Just tried that, the file did not appear again. Weird.

I don't think that file should be removed by the system. It is a file
that you create, empty, to signal that you do not want users to login
till you manually remove that file.

Clearly it is being created by the system. It's probably part of
startup/shutdown.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.7°C)