[opensuse] OT: spreadsheet format
I have some 'spreadsheet' files that I want to read on Leap. They are produced by a logging device (a Rotronic CL11) plugged into the manufacturer's app on Win10 and have names that end in .XLS but they are text files in a kind of mixed ini-file and TSV (tab-separated values) format. They start off with ini file sections describing each of the columns of data (humidity, CO2, temp) and then there's a section with a TSV list of all the logged data values.

Does anybody recognize this format and/or have any ideas of applications that can read or import it? I tried feeding it to libreoffice calc but it opened them as text files.

Failing any suitable app, I guess I'll write a program to convert it to pure CSV or something.

Cheers, Dave