Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 05/10/2016 03:18 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Op 09-05-16 om 08:31 schreef Andrei Borzenkov:
I am not even sure if it is possible to do with having *second* prefix
for "DIY Router" WAN interface. I.e. assuming we have

ISP - eth0 [DIY] eth1 - LAN

Can both eth0 and eth1 have the same prefixes? How would DIY know
whether to use eth0 or eth1 to speak with hosts having the same prefix?

From my little experience/knowledge, the external interface of the
[DIY] gets an IP-address in a separate prefix, not related to the
prefix that is given to the [DIY] via PD.
Like you said, it would be difficult to do routing if the internal and
external interfaces are in the same prefix.

Koenraad.

With IPv6, either the link local or other scope address can be used.
With my ISP, a global unicast address is used. However, as with IPv4,
the gateway address is always in a different prefix/subnet.

If you check the default route on your computers, you'll often see the
link local address is used.