[opensuse] webex - what is it and how to use with opensuse Leap
I have signed up for some on-line classes/ webinars that use webex. In my research to figure out how to make this work, all I have been able to come up with is that webex is a java based cisco application, set up mostly for 32 bit, that people use for interactive web conferencing. That is the reason the company I signed up with the classes uses webex - for the interaction. But right now I am just trying to view the previously recorded classes. I have to use firefox.

However, I can't really figure out what I am supposed to do to make it work here on my laptop, besides running it in windows in a virtual machine. I can't really do this on this laptop, because the hard drive is really too small to make enough space for a virtual machine. However, I do need to be able to do these classes when I am sometimes traveling.

So, here is what happens when I click on the link to start viewing the recorded session. In the screen shots, I hit yes on the prompts.
http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_20160509_115306-Cmz4wzCg.png
http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_20160509_115402-Jr6fbIR7.png
http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_20160509_115412-ObbeP65l.png
http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_20160509_115422-r8v3E2w1.png

Here is a link to an ubuntu page where someone was trying to set it up.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/368270/how-to-i-make-cisco-webex-work-with-13-10-64bit

Unfortunately, I get lost on point #3 in the answer section: "Start a WebEx to create |.so| files inside |$HOME/.webex/????/|."

What does it mean to "start a WebEx"? I am just clicking the playback button on my browser window. I understand that mac and windows apparently have a specific webex application, I think.

This post seems a little confusing, so I will try to clarify. Basically, I am just trying to figure out how to run webex in firefox on my leap system on my new laptop. I have never run anything having anything to do with webex before, and I am very confused on how to get started, and there are no blogs or tutorials that are helpful. They all start with assuming that you have some level of knowledge of what webex is and how to use it. But I don't even know what I am supposed to install to try and make it work.

--
George
Box: 42.1 | KDE Plasma 5 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 32GB