Re: [opensuse] Off Topic: Wired PC's Behind Client Bridge Can't Ping Each Other
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 16:17:59 +0200
sdm wrote:

On 05/09/2016 06:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Okay, looks good. I guess the two PCs connected to a switch (in your
router)?

It's a D-Link router running DD-WRT, so I guess you can call it a
switch.

Usually when you have a number of ports, they're running as a switch or
hub, with one port for the uplink.

I guess both your PCs are open for ICMP echos? (silly question, I know).

Both of my SUSE wired PC's are connected directly to it. I'm
confident that hypothetically, if each PC was connected via wired
ethernet to an individual DD-WRT client bridge router (1 client bridge
router per PC) there would be no problem with those 2 PC's talking
with each other, pinging, sharing files, etc. But here there's a
situation where 2 wired ethernet computers are both connected to the
switch, and then that traffic is routed to the master router via
wireless link and back via wireless, and then routed out through the
wired ports. I think it has something to do with the routing table and
modifying the advanced routing table in the client bridge router to do
what I'm trying to do, but that is just a guess.

What is this "client bridged router"?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.6°C)