Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 08:56:59 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

09.05.2016 09:11, Per Jessen пишет:

James will get e.g. 2001:db8:1234:1234/64, and his local machines
could be

2001:db8:1234:1234::1
2001:db8:1234:1234::2
2001:db8:1234:1234::3
etc.

Internally, he can use dynamic or static allocation or both.

Except James does not want it. So far there is nothing that would
require PD. ISP CPE would advertise prefix on LAN side and every
device on LAN would autoconfigure. What James wants, is

ISP - ISP CPE - DIY router - Home LAN

I thought he wanted:

ISP - DIY router - Home LAN

(or a setup where the ISP CPE is a bridge, so virtually invisible).

where "DIY Router" gets prefix delegation from "ISP CPE" and
advertises it to devices on "Home LAN".

I am not even sure if it is possible to do with having *second* prefix
for "DIY Router" WAN interface. I.e. assuming we have

ISP - eth0 [DIY] eth1 - LAN

Can both eth0 and eth1 have the same prefixes? How would DIY know
whether to use eth0 or eth1 to speak with hosts having the same
prefix?

If the interfaces were bridged?

With IPv6 we not need/use NAT, but each local machine gets one
outside, real, address. Is this so?

Right.

Thus, whatever replaces dhcpd-server on the inside has to know and
use that external prefix.

One can use radvd alone or radvd+dhcp combined.

Real life example would be helpful.

For the above? I use radvd and dhcpv6. radvd takes care of the
routing, dhcpv6 the rest - static routes, static allocations, resolver
settings. One reason for using dhcpv6 is to put all guest/mobile
devices on a separate prefix, which means they can be dealt with
separately in the firewall.

I'll be happy to post configs if anyone is interested, they're not
overly complicated. The setup is not yet quite right - I still have to
work out how to make a device use/prefer the dhcp assigned address
instead of the slaac ditto. Hopefully without having to fiddle with
each device/machine.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.6°C)