Re: [opensuse] Re:Vlc media player won't play videos
On Sun, 2016-05-08 at 10:15 -0400, Dennis Gallien wrote:
On Sun, May 8 06:09:00 AM Mark Misulich wrote:

vlc turns out to be the only program whose behavior is unchanged from my
initial post, which I have copied above in this email. Its still not
working correctly even though I have made sure it is drawn from the
Packman repository.

Mark

Do you have the VLC repository enabled on your system? If so, disable it and
then search for all VLC related files in Packman and reinstall them. IIRC
the
only file we need from VLC is libdvdcss2, all the other VLC files comes from
Packman.

I don't and didn't have the vlc repository enabled. I reinstalled all
vlc related files from Packman just to try it, but there is no change.
It (vlc) still doesn't work correctly to play videos.