Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 05/08/2016 02:00 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 05/08/2016 12:14 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I can build a dhcpcd 6.10 for you for Leap, no trouble at all. I
wonder how to make wicked understand that we're using a separate
dhcpcd binary.
I've already install 6.10 from rpm. I have no idea about wicked, as
I've never used it before.
You've always used NetworkManager?

No. I only use it on my notebook. My desktop & firewall use ifup.
So, I have to get dhcpcd to start, get the prefix and then start up
radvd with the IPv6 prefix.
The thing is - when you're not using NetworkManager, you're using
wicked, and wicked runs its own dhcp client. Maybe you can configure
the interface for dhcpv4 only, then run dhcpd manually next to it. I
wonder how you get radvd updated.

This is what I'm trying to figure out. Since wicked is fairly new, it
should have included this "out of the box". One curious thing I just
noticed is the IPv6 address I'm getting on my firewall appears on the
LAN side, not WAN. Routers normally communicate via link local address,
but can use global unicast. I'm not sure if the address I see on the
LAN side is supposed to be there or not.

According to the RFC, dhcpv6-pd has been around since 2003. I'm really
surprised it hadn't been implemented in openSUSE years ago.