Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 04/19/2016 10:35 AM, Jeremy Baker wrote:
On 04/18/2016 10:30 PM, James Knott wrote:
My ISP is finally rolling out IPv6. One thing that's required is for
the router to make a DHCPv6-PD request to get the prefix info etc. I
don't know if my router/firewall, based on openSUSE 13.1 is doing that.
I don't see anything in Wireshark that would indicate it's making that
sort of request. I'm also not aware of any configuration that would
enable it. Does anyone know anything about this?

tnx jk

dhcpcd after 6.4.0 will request and disposition a ia-pd prefix. I'm not
sure what version 13.1 has, but opensuse 13.2 only has version 3.2.3. I
installed dhcpcd-6.10.1 from source on leap and have been using it to
get a delegation from my isp for 3 months or so.

I just installed Leap 42.1 and found it can't even get an IPv6 address
for itself, let alone a prefix for the network. This is a step back
from 13.1, which at least could get it's own IPv6 address via dhcp.

I'll try installing dhcpcd 6.10 and see what happens. Any configuration
required?

I have put in a request for dhcpv6-pd to be added, but I shouldn't have
had to. This is something that's becoming essential. Why are the
developers missing the boat on this???