Re: [opensuse] Firefox - on the security exceptions - self-signed certificates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 13:39:10 +0200
Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

Hi,
I set up Synology NAS server and allowed only HTTPS access for the web
interface. It has self-signed certificate, but as it is only for
internal purposes, it is not any problem.
In Firefox, I went to the web interface. Of course, Firefox complained
about invalid certificate. So that I added the secutiry exception.

Right.

It was working fine, but as requested by our network admin, I had to
change the network settings and set domain name.

What does this mean? where did you what?

It seems Firefox has somehow related the certificate with the old
network settings and it does not allow me to acces the site now.

Did the NAS server change name? A certificate is tied to the name - if
your NAS server used to be called "vojtechnas", and it's now
called "vojtechnas.local.network", that's the problem.

And there is no possibility to add the security exception, nothing.
Firefox just points to

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean
I checked Firefox settings, but I didn't find respective certificate
neither domain. So how can I add/change the security exception
settings to acces the site now? Thanks,

Try deleting the earlier exception.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.0°C)