Re: [opensuse] Submitting parameters to php
On 05/05/2016 10:51 AM, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
By default submitting parameters to php is not possible. Previously,
this option could be turned on by setting

register_globals = On

in the files /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini

Now, under openSuSE 13.2, these settings are still accepted, but without
having any effect.

Any workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Context please.
Are you talking about an application that is running under Apache?
What is it?

For example, I run phpMyAdmin for my Maria databases.
Any "parameters" come from the specific config for phpMyAdmin.
Or, perhaps, with that example, as I have a number of databases on
different machines, filling in the form on the fields on the screen.

I did nothing with the file you mention to get this to work.
In fact I was unaware that it even existed until you mentioned it.

I thin you are over micromanaging this.
Something must be very wrong with your set-up, based on this and the
other thread, because I just installed Apache and it gave me the "it
Works" message and I just installed phpMyAdmin and it just worked, and
the same for owncloud.

Perhaps I'm naive in trusting things like Yast and the people who do
package this stuff for openSuse, but these seem to be common, widely
used items and so I would expect them to be well worked out.