Re: [opensuse] Is Firefox 46 not important for SuSE users? Or OpenSSL?

Am 04.05.2016 um 12:46 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 12:11:50PM +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:

Am 04.05.2016 um 12:02 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
We can only build un-embargoed software in the OBS, so we got submits
there yesterday after the issue went public.

This awakens my interest. Can you tell what embargoes exist?

For various security issues (not all of them) the SUSE Security Team
gets heads up notifications some days before the public release of
such incidents.

The term in use is "responsible disclosure".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsible_disclosure

The idea is that updates can be prepared and then released on time,
as this process takes some days usually.

With the open nature of openSUSE it is more difficult to prepare
updates before hand.

OBS has the concept of read protection, but mistakes could be made
during processing and then the information would leak and we would not
be getting heads up information anymore.

Ciao, Marcus

Seems reasonable to me. Thanks for the clarification.
Daniel
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137