Re: [opensuse] problem with journalctl
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

03.05.2016 23:58, Per Jessen пишет:
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 05/03/2016 02:00 PM, jdd wrote:

export seems to be emplied

Yes, it is most likely you have you bash configured to do that.
It makes things like this convenient.

I don't.

If I
LANG=fr_FR.UTF8 ; journalctl
I get English :-)

If I
LANG=fr_FR.UTF8 journalctl
I get French :-)

Ditto. I wasn't aware bash had such a setting.

What 'env | grep LANG' says?

env | grep LANG
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Umm, I didn't test it last night, I was going from memory. In fact,
with
or without ';', I get French in the two examples above. Interesting.

I do not see anything interesting here. If LANG is marked for export,
then any new value will be exported.

"interesting" = "new to me" :-)

How is a variable marked for export?

export FOO

marks FOO for export,

export -n FOO

unmarks it (this is bash extension). You can also use

typeset -|+x FOO

for ksh compatibility; or "declare" which in this case is synonym to
typeset in bash.

This is how Bourne shell behaved from the day one. Difference between
the two forms is, variable assignment as part of simple command does
not change variable value in *current* shell.

Right, which is almost always what I want.