Re: [opensuse] Pi3 rather than Microsft Surface or other 'detachable'
On 02/29/2016 02:37 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 29/02/2016 03:28, Anton Aylward a écrit :

Are you assigning I have a Microsoft tablet?

mine is

Why do you think I would want to run MS-Windows?

because it's the type you have the better chance to can install openSUSE
on it, and it works like a true computer, still being very light and small

If I had one I'd find a way to wipe Windows and install Linux!

Well in the annals of small computers there's the new Pi:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-android-and-even-windows-might-make-it-onto-the-raspberry-pi-3/
<quote>
"There's no fundamental difference between this device and a Windows
Surface device," he said.
</quote>
but
<quote>
The Pi 3 is based around a more powerful CPU core than the original
Surface tablets but its memory is half that of the original Surface and
clocked at a lower speed.
</quote>

IIR there is a gadget out there which projects a keyboard onto any flat
surface and another one that can project a display ditto. Now all you
need is a battery pack for the Pi3 and its going to out perform the
Surface.

Lets face it, at $35 that gives a lot of leeway for all the other items
to hang around it. Bluetooth keyboard we know about, is there a
bluetooth undockable screen?

Well,
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/26-inch-bluetooth-computer-monitor_1694189525.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1080P-HDMI-bnc-av-inputinset-bluetooth_1992904078.html

There's a photo in this one
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/21-5inch-DIY-i5-win7-all_1763871377.html
of the device opened up and the innards displayed.
It occurs to me that a similar chassis with a Pi3 would be one approach.