Re: [opensuse] switching console without Alt key :-(
On 02/29/2016 02:37 AM, jdd wrote:

129€ for 32 Gb ssd, 2Gb ram, keyboard

Well great; I paid about that for my 12" Samsung tablet which also has
23G store and 2G ram.

I'll grant you the leather case came extra :-)

But You didn't answer my question.
Why would *I* want to run MS-Windows?

You obviously don't want to run Windows, you are clearly doing your
utmost to install Linux, which, as you say, is not so easy.

My Samsung is running Android/Linux. A very high utility value. I also
have an X-Sever for it so I can log in to my desktop. When I get tired
of using K-9 I can use the X0Server to read my mail with Thunderbird.

One advantage of the Samsung/Android is voice input. I admit it has
some problems with my accent which isn't quite English any more, having
lived in Canada for so long, but it does take care of correct
capitalization and is very good at spelling. Sometimes, though, the
phonetic word is not quite what I meant :-)

I'm not enough of a geek/hacker any more to have the patience you seem
to have in this converting the Microsoft Surface into a Linux machine.