Re: [opensuse] building a 32 bits efi file for leap
28.02.2016 21:40, jdd пишет:
Le 28/02/2016 19:08, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :

If you are using grub.efi image from RPM - yes; for some reasons it is
not included on 32 bit version. It is present in module list, and if you
actually used grub2-install to install it it would be present.

Put RPM content under /usr/lib/grub2/i386-efi. Then use

that mean simply "zypper in grub...", I guess

I do not know if RPM will allow installation of 32 bit RPM on 64 bit
system. Try.

grub2-install --target i386-efi

ok

to setup grub2 on your system. *Then* we can discuss whether it works or
not :)

what I said is that grub.efi works alone, if correctly configured. I had
many problem to build an usb stick, because Leap /efi partition is
pretty small, too small for all modules...

Once again - you use grub2-install *after* you have running system.

BTW I just submitted SR for update to 2.02~beta3 that should make
explicit --target unnecessary, by auto-detecting firmware word size.

if yast can install this at install time, very nice. May be we could
have it also on the install dvd (ready to boot :-)

No, it won't change anything in overall support for 32 bit EFI in
(open)SUSE.