Re: [opensuse] building a 32 bits efi file for leap

Отправлено с iPhone

28 февр. 2016 г., в 14:39, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> написал(а):

Le 28/02/2016 10:20, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :

Отправлено с iPhone

I still have to write somewhere a grub.cfg to automate the
process.

Well, grub2-mkconfig is still there and will produce exactly the same
configuration.

certainly not.

Not what?

It's Leap, that don't even know than grub-i386-efi
exists.

Grub-mkconfig creates configuration that is platform agnostic (with notable
exception of secure boot).

May be sometime in the future, but not now (default kde install)

But you will also need to manually run grub2-install --target
i386-efi if grub2 is updated. Btw, it should also take care of NVRAM
entries, at least if Leap has efibootmgr.

this may the future I speak of :-). But for now I only tried to boot an
unbootable system...

and finally it works.

efi boot partition have an EFI folder. In it you can have any folder you want
(and the partition size accommodate). For example "windows", "opensuse" (the
official openSUSE folder), and, for me, "32".

in these folders are the "efi" binaries that do the actual boot, for me
grub.efi. You can also add a grub.cfg file with the necessary config right
there, alongside with grub.efi and this is the file that will be used. Of
course, for openSUSE it's an alien OS, so untouched.

To boot, you have to register this on nvram, but there is a default nvram
entry for usb device that should but don't on my stick, I have to understand
why.

and Leap crashed, apparently when trying to hibernate... (I can't allow 4Go
for swap on such small ssd)

jdd