Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
On 2016-02-26 08:22, Per Jessen wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

Exactly.
KDE's Akonadi will use the system database, and in many cases simply
turning on ANY akonadi services will load mysqld which consumes an
inordinate amount of memory to serve (typically) a single user.

It shouldn't be so bad - for Akonadi use, I can't imagine it using more
than 300-400M? Most of that will be for indexes and probably unused.
Even on a meagre office desktop, it should not cause any issues. Is
akonadi default in Leap 42? I'll have to check.

Once I told Amarok to store its database on mysql. The impact was huge,
I had to revert it. I do not think it is mysql fault, however.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >