Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:10:29 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It may take a bit of experimentation. There's a lot out there on
using
XFS/realtime for database performance with oracle and postgress. You
might use that as a bass.

We do have subsystems where we have used XFS. And that has been
working fine. At the moment we are using ext4, and it is also working
fine.

The disks are SSD or fast SATA. They have been working fine.

I don't have basic questions about this scenario. Have been doing this
for years. And, of course, we will do testing before even considering
using btrfs.

What I do have are question on what btrfs brings to the situation.

Given what you have described to us, absolutely nothing.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.6°C)