Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:09:58 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-02-25 11:06, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

That's not the default for system databases.

What's a "system database" ? Leap uses mysql/mariadb by default, but
the tests were done with postgres.

Somewhere under /var, used by databases running as services, ie,
started by systemd, and accessible by anybody in the computer, under
control of the database engine. Postgres is installed that way.

You can also have "user" databases, stored completely on your own
home. KDE uses some. But this also means that the "defaults" for those
databases are defined by the tester, not by the system install.

Okay, it's not a distinction I am used to. To me, a database is a
database is a database, no matter how it's started, where the data is
placed or which user it runs with. I thought KDE simply used the
standard mysql/mariadb install, I wasn't aware of any per-user
instances.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.6°C)