Re: [opensuse] usb to COM port problem
On 22/02/16 21:30, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
22.02.2016 22:18, buhorojo пишет:
42.1

I have a windows xp app which writes firmware to a device via a COM
port. The app runs fine under wine. I don't have a COM port on my laptop
but can get a usb to COM cable and plug my device into that.

How do I link the usb to make it look like a COM under wine?
Linux most likely detected your USB to COM cable as /dev/ttyUSBxx; how
to tell Wine to use specific device as (emulated) COM port I do not know.

OK, thanks. That gets me closer. Another search on:
linux wine /dev/tty
brings up this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1335098&s=5999e3551d6ab02564e5026edd332690&p=8371229#post8371229
Is this translatable to our 42.1?

Question: how do I find the xx in /dev/ttyUSBxx?
Thanks

But keep in mind, that quite often those USB converters do not offer
more than basic data transmission; and that various devices actually use
RS232 hardware lines to control them (like - assert specific pin for
given time). USB converters are known to not allow true hardware control.