Re: [opensuse] usb to COM port problem
22.02.2016 22:18, buhorojo пишет:
42.1

I have a windows xp app which writes firmware to a device via a COM
port. The app runs fine under wine. I don't have a COM port on my laptop
but can get a usb to COM cable and plug my device into that.

How do I link the usb to make it look like a COM under wine?

Linux most likely detected your USB to COM cable as /dev/ttyUSBxx; how
to tell Wine to use specific device as (emulated) COM port I do not know.

But keep in mind, that quite often those USB converters do not offer
more than basic data transmission; and that various devices actually use
RS232 hardware lines to control them (like - assert specific pin for
given time). USB converters are known to not allow true hardware control.