[opensuse] USB3 drive not recognized
Hi,

I recently purchased a Seagate STDT4000200 Backup Plus Desktop drive.
When I boot the laptop with the drive connected, all is fine (AFAICT).
But when I boot the laptop without the drive and plug it in later, the drive is not recognized. More, when I shutdown the laptop with the drive plugged in, the laptop does not shutdown fully.

Any suggestions where to look for clues ?
cat /proc/partitions gives nothing for the drive when plugged in later.
journalctl -f is silent when plugging in the drive.

Thanks,

Koenraad