Re: [opensuse] Now what? Glibc bug, vulnerability
On 02/20/2016 07:46 PM, John Andersen wrote:

Are there no packages in common usage where the glibc library routines
are linked directly into the executables?

Someone told me this was possible, but I have no clue.

AFAIK, this is only done by proprietary packages, so that they
distribute a single binary package for all the distributions. It may be
done also by some programs intended for rescue operations.

Normally, anything distributed by openSUSE is using dynamic, runtime,
linking. I think there is a policy about this.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE Leap 42.1 x86_64 (test))