Re: [opensuse] Now what? Glibc bug, vulnerability
On 02/17/2016 11:12 AM, Stevens wrote:

Yeah. Read another interesting article on the underlying problem last
night and, having done some application development in a previous life,
I agree wholeheartedly with the "C is the cause for most security
vulnerabilities" thread.

No. Actually, it is not so easy to overrun a buffer on a modern OS, but
putting that aside, there are many times the checking for a memory size
is detrimental to the softwares function, especially in video and games.

You can't blame the programming language for the stupidity of the
programmer. the reason C is the goto language for all things important
is because it is powerful. It is. And that power is felt in the hands
of the coder.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!