Re: [opensuse] Now what? Glibc bug, vulnerability
On 02/17/2016 03:50 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Really, this raises a couple of questions"

1. It was introduced in 2008. How come?
Did not-one review the code change and see the buffer overflow
back then?

2. It wasn't detected until now. How come?
Has no-one reviewed the code since then?

the asnwer is easy:
I did not have a look at the code, and I guess you haven't either
... and the same applies to the rest of the world.

It's always a matter of statistics - when implementing 1000 lines
of code, then you introduce a certain number of bugs.
There's no point of looking back for the "why?" here IMO - just
fix it, and continue.

Have a nice day,
Berny