Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On 2016-02-15 20:40, jdd wrote:
Le 15/02/2016 20:33, John Andersen a écrit :
On 02/15/2016 11:23 AM, James Knott wrote:
I'll have to see what happens when I upgrade(?) my W7
partition to W10.

Don't do it. Just don't.

I support also this. As long as possible keep W7, it's the only
acceptable win.

It is not an option... you have to disable all updates, or keep fighting
the system that wants to upgrade itself.

I have done it, and I find W10 good. I don't notice much difference with
W7. Of course, if you value privacy, you have to be careful with certain
settings.

I feel W7 acceptable, W8 unacceptable, W8.1 naughty and w10 unpleasant.
Specially when one use it only from time to time (I guess the case of
most people using W here :-), count for 30 minutes updates before
switching off then 30 minutes again at the next start. Horrible

Yes, updates are a nuisance, not optional on home versions. Specially if
you boot it once a month. But it was also a nuisance on W7, took the day.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >