Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:22:31 +0100
Dne Út 16. února 2016 11:31:25, Carl Hartung napsal(a):
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:17:38 +0100
Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Just a note for completeness: if You have default Windows
installation and then change UEFI to legacy, the partition won't be
bootable/accessible. But similar will be truth for Linux - GRUB won't
be able to boot after such change.

I had to re-read this a couple of times :-)

Sorry :-)

Yes, this intuitively makes sense. However, it presumes that can boot
from CD/DVD/USB in UEFI ('secure boot') mode.

Yes, but install/live CD/DVD must support UEFI/secure boot. No problems so far
for me with openSUSE.

The uncooperative system that I referenced earlier wouldn't reveal a
CD/DVD/USB boot option /until/ it was set to boot in legacy mode, and,
once booted in that mode, none of the 'secure boot' mode partitions
were visible or accessible. It was an Acer Aspire E-15 with Windows 8.1