Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On 02/15/2016 10:50 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 15/02/2016 19:19, John Andersen a écrit :

I buy laptops with the smallest drive possible.

you have little choice, the disk size is acorded to the power of the laptop

I don't buy off the store shelf. I order mine, and I usually have a choice of
disk
size.

I immediately buy a separate compatible drive, (and a drive tray if
needed/possible) and
install linux on that, putting the small drive on the shelf against
possibility that
the machine will need warranty service. If it never does, and the warranty
expires,
I re-purpose the original drive into an external enclosure.

many laptop noweday are difficult to open, not even the battery is removable.
My Asus is on this
sort, I didn't dare open it before the end of the guaranty period, and all
this is mostly a waste of
time, the system backup can be made on pretty small (32Gb) sd card, for
example

Shop better.
Don't buy such crap. I've NEVER owned a laptop that did not outlive its
battery, and require
a battery replacement. Most have exceeded the life of their hard drive as well.
When I buy, I look for access ports to Battery, Disk Drives, Memory, etc.

I'm not into skinny throw-away machines.