Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
Le 15/02/2016 19:19, John Andersen a écrit :

I buy laptops with the smallest drive possible.

you have little choice, the disk size is acorded to the power of the laptop

I immediately buy a separate compatible drive, (and a drive tray if
needed/possible) and
install linux on that, putting the small drive on the shelf against possibility
that
the machine will need warranty service. If it never does, and the warranty
expires,
I re-purpose the original drive into an external enclosure.

many laptop noweday are difficult to open, not even the battery is removable. My Asus is on this sort, I didn't dare open it before the end of the guaranty period, and all this is mostly a waste of time, the system backup can be made on pretty small (32Gb) sd card, for example

I do worry if this will be possible with UEFI, or if more and more of UEFI will
be
stored on the original hard drive along with your only backup copy of the
original
operating system.

I don't think so

jdd