Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On 02/15/2016 10:00 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 15/02/2016 18:54, Daniel Bauer a écrit :

Do I have to consider something windowish before I start
deleting/formating?

nothing mandatory if you don't ever use Windows, but it's possible to make a
complete backup from
within windows or with fsbackup or clonezilla. Do not forget to bakup all the
partitions (up to
three for windows, system, and recovery), let only for service if hardware
fails (to prevent "oh,
linux is the cause of the failure")

jdd

I buy laptops with the smallest drive possible.
I immediately buy a separate compatible drive, (and a drive tray if
needed/possible) and
install linux on that, putting the small drive on the shelf against possibility
that
the machine will need warranty service. If it never does, and the warranty
expires,
I re-purpose the original drive into an external enclosure.

I do worry if this will be possible with UEFI, or if more and more of UEFI will
be
stored on the original hard drive along with your only backup copy of the
original
operating system.