Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:59:46 -0500
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

ASUS has historically been negative toward linux, but. I suggest dl a
live cd/dvd and make a bootable usb stick to try it. It will appear
or act as an additiona hard drive give you a slower experience
similar to being installed on the laptop's hard drive.

This is what I did before buying my last several laptops and
desktops. Not completely fail-proof but good indicator. You could
even use a portable usb/sata hard drive.

Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick. That's a good first step. I've been
pretty lucky since my current ASUS laptop has mostly 'just worked' for
the past seven years. Would you go with LEAP or 13.2? My current system
is 13.2 and everything 'just works.' I'm kind of hoping the new system
will be just as cooperative.