Re: [opensuse] What is the meaning of these firewall log entries?
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

On 13/02/16 04:23 AM, Roger Price wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, John Andersen wrote:
... to add the sequence

-m comment --comment "${FUNCNAME}[${LINENO}]"

to all those iptables commmands which create firewall rules.

This is not SUSEfirewall's doing, it is iptables.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - the rules shown, with exception of one, were defined by /sbin/SuSEfirewall2, part of SuSEfirewall. It's the SUSE firewall which is commenting it's own action in the rules it creates. Command iptables... displays the firewall created by SuSEfirewall2.

You could craft all those rules by hand, if you were to be so brave ;)

My idea of courage is to stand behind someone bigger ;)

Roger