Re: [opensuse] What is the meaning of these firewall log entries?
On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could be the firewall dropping icmp on that interface, not realizing it is
needed by some
packages. Dropping ICMP at machines that are behind your main internet
firewall is often
less than productive.

Ah. I see... but I think that ICMP is allowed on all my computers. Or so I
thought.

I do not understand why ICMP is sent at all. According to your
description netcat is listening to UDP port 6666 on 192.168.1.15. This
icmp usually means that nobody on destination host listens to the
specific port.

--
Mark Goldstein