Re: [opensuse] Slow SSH connection
On 02/10/2016 04:16 PM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 02/10/2016 03:23 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
without remote, it just works

[ruben@localhost ~]$ ssh -l rubenwww.mrbrklyn.com /bin/true
[ruben@localhost ~]$

it still hangs on the interactive session

okay, if a non-interactive command like /bin/true just works fine,
then I'd say something is strange during the logon.

This should also be visible on that host when you do a 'su ruben -'
or 'ssh localhost' there, and probably also with 'bash --login',
right?

You may see in which profile/bashrc etc. it's stuck with:

ssh ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /usr/bin/strace -f -e open,execve /bin/bash
--login -c /bin/true

I failed to mention the obvious: you'll need to have strace
installed on that system.

BTW: adding the -r option to strace will prefix every line with a
relative timestamp.

Have a nice day,
Berny