Re: [opensuse] Need distro advice. Problems installing Leap.
Op woensdag 10 februari 2016 01:58:53 schreef Jim Sabatke:
I did not try nomodeset.

You should.

I'm about ready to try the other guy's laptop as
soon as he gets me some network info, so I'll try that if it happens again.
The laptop has Windows 8.1, does that provide any challenges I may have
missed? That hadn't occurred to me as it seemed to have the American
problems as my old BIOS desktop. I just plain don't use Windows except for
a couple of apps that don't run on Linux, which is probably made couple
times a year.

I have Leap running on a desktop with two disks and a laptop still with
Windows 8.1 on it. On both systems I have several openSUSE versions running
besides Leap. The laptop is an UEFI system, the desktop is not. On the laptop
I need to use nomodeset with 13.2 and Tumbleweed. No need for that on Leap.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf