Re: [opensuse] Why does digikam wants to become installed via zypper up?
Am 10.02.2016 um 08:25 schrieb Per Jessen:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

09.02.2016 22:08, Per Jessen пишет:
Per Jessen wrote:

[snip]

I removed digikam today, shouldn't kipi-plugins have been
automatically removed too?
Am I doing this the wrong way:

office34:~ # rpm -q --whatrequires digikam
no package requires digikam

I'm not going to really *install* it for testing, I can only believe
zypper. And please do not forget that RPM --whatrequires is much more
literal and must be exact.

Hi Andrei

I think this is the issue we're seeing -

the current kipi-plugins, at least on my test system, does _not_ require
digikam. Presumably this is why I was able to remove digikam without
kipi-plugins getting upset.

The _new_ kipi-plugins from the update requires digikam-libs, which in
turn requires digikam, hence zypper needs to install it.

One might wonder why digikam-libs requires digikam, it's usually the
other way round.

I am sure you are right. Just for testing I ran a "zypper rm digikam" as
dryrun to see what it wants to do. It will not remove kipi-plugins, it
says it will replace it by an older version.
Also I am a bit surprised that digikam-libs requires digikam instead of
the other way around (which I have missed before to see that strange
dependency and misread it) so it is pulled in by an indirect dependency
via kipi-plugins when it fetches the digikam-libs which the older one
does not need. Strange dependencies here.