Re: [opensuse] installing xen on leap
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:33:07 +0100
jdd wrote:

Le 10/02/2016 08:30, Per Jessen a écrit :
jdd wrote:

Le 09/02/2016 20:41, Per Jessen a écrit :

You could try regenerating the initrd, you can do that from the
non-xen

need to rtfm :-(

Not sure you'll find much literature on the topic. Maybe I'll go and
install a Leap xen system and see what happens. I did try earlier
but I had root on nfs, and dracuts initrd didn't know how to deal
with
that. I think I opened a bug on that.

what I don't know is how to generate an initrd else than for the
working install. I remember some command line option...

mkinitrd (which is a wrapper for dracut).

I would try this:

mkinitrd -k <yourxenkernel> -i initrd.new1

That'll create /boot/initrd.new1 which you can then boot with. You'll
have to fiddle with grub too, dunno anything about that part.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.1°C)