Re: [opensuse] leap 42.1 - missing an iscsi target/server?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 18:15:51 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:

Am Sonntag, 7. Februar 2016, 23:31:26 schrieb Per Jessen:
Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
[...]
Did you actually try to install "yast2-iscsi-lio-server"? Then,
you should be able to configure your target service via YaST ->
Network Services > iSCSI LIO Target.

No, I haven't tried that - will try that tomorrow.

yast2-iscsi-lio-server pulls in lio-utils. As Andrei said, lio-utils
are deprecated. So, if you do not need YaST to configure your target,
try targetcli as Andrei suggested.

Thanks, that's cool - I don't need yast, but I do need something I can
script. (and migrate from my iet setup).

LIO/targetcli looks good, I like the idea of a shell that you feed
config statements to. I also quite like the ACLs and the LUN
remapping.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.7°C)