[opensuse] Re: personal web based news reader
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 13:59, Patrick Shanahan <paka@...> wrote:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [02-08-16 06:55]:
Hello,

At home I use Thunderbird to read mails and news.

When I'm away from home, for example on somebody else computer), I use
squirrelmail or roundcube to read my mail.

But as far as I know they do not allow to read newsgroups.

I manage my own hosted server and don't want to use google or any other
public system.

is there any php/perl/python/whatever application running on apache that
could allow me to read a handful newsgroups

there is slrn, but it doesn't run on apache and is control-line.

Ever heard of ...
* "Selfoss"? php based, url: http://selfoss.aditu.de/
* "Tiny Tiny RSS"? php based, url: http://tt-rss.org/
* "FreshRSS" php based, url: http://freshrss.org/
* "Miniflux" php based, url: http://miniflux.net/
* "CommaFeed" java based, url: https://www.commafeed.com/

Also search via alternativeto.net:
http://alternativeto.net/software/selfoss/
look for web-based, self-hosted

e.g. "The Old Reader" "Feedly" "Tiny Tiny RSS" "Feedspot" "Inoreader"
"Feedspot" "FreshRSS" ...

- Yamaban.