Re: [opensuse] help in digikam under FVWM
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [02-07-16 20:21]:
I am using FVWM2, and when I execute digikam HELP I receive numerous
messages:

Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
Use of uninitialized value $kdeversion in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/bin/susehelp-khelpcenter line 7.
Use of uninitialized value $kdeversion in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/bin/susehelp-khelpcenter line 12.
Use of uninitialized value $kdeversion in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/bin/susehelp-khelpcenter line 17.
Use of uninitialized value $kshell in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/bin/susehelp-khelpcenter line 68.
Use of uninitialized value $khelpcenter in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/bin/susehelp-khelpcenter line 68.
sh: help:/digikam/index.html: No such file or directory

I have a few questions, pardon the stupidity. Where does one get the value
of kdeversion?

access the help function of a kde app

But are you really saying what you want? Or do you want to know what
digikam is looking for?

And what should be in kshell?

I have two kshell4 and kshell5
kdelibs4-4.14.16-2.2.x86_64
kinit-5.18.0-1.1.x86_64

probably the same thing as kdeversion

I could not locate any html doc pages under digikam, and when I used
Yast2 to examine the installed files I did mot see any html files
either. I would also like to have access to the general kde help pages.

google "digikam help"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rpm -V digikam
and/or
rpm -q --requires digikam
and see if you have installed the required files matching your version of
digikam

the digikam help-> about shows information, also.

fwiw, starting digikam from the cl on my box also throws up many err msgs
but none which you site.