Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed

On 07/02/2016 19:46, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
07.02.2016 20:18, Dave Plater пишет:

On 07/02/2016 19:11, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
I just tested and I can both boot into run level 3 by simply adding `3'
to kernel parameters in bootloader and switch to run level 3 from
runlevel 5 by using "init 3". In the latter case it indeed does not
switch to tty with text mode login prompt, you need manually do Alt-F1.

Of course "systemctl set-default multi-user.target" and reboot is always
an option.

So you need to be more precise what exactly you do and how you try to
"select runlevel".
You must have a different openSUSE:Leap:42.1 to mine, even typing 1 at
start up doesn't stop runlevel 5.
I have no idea what "typing 1 at start up" means, sorry. Do you mean
that you literally hit `1' when system boots?

I see that Yast2 services manager has options for different targets
besides graphical but that still isn't the same as being able to enter
init 3 to work on x problems.
And what exactly is the difference?
Exactly, whats the difference