Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 12:35:46 +0100
Oliver Kurz wrote:

On Sunday 07 February 2016 10:03:28 Per Jessen wrote:

Do you know where one can go to see what's being tested?

TL;DR: Yes, Greg already described it, read again :-)
Greg just posted a very nice introduction of how you can get it from
openQA but I will try again to explain that maybe from a slightly
different perspective even though this would be a more appropriate
topic for "opensuse- factory".

Starting from
http://openqa.opensuse.org/
you can see what products are currently tested, e.g. Tumbleweed - as a
DVD image from Factory snapshot, as well as updates for the releases
of e.g. openSUSE 13.2 and openSUSE Leap 42.1. Selecting any Tumbleweed
build, say
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&version=Tumbleweed&build=20160205&groupid=1
you can see a table with a column "Test" describing individual
scenarios next to green, not-so-green and red bubbles under the column
"x86_64", probably the architecture you are interested in. The test
scenarios as stated describe which "scenarios" are tested, e.g.
starting from top a "RAID0" installation and such. Other scenarios go
further than installing trying out if applications work, e.g. "gnome"
also testing browsers, etc.. Click on the bubbles to find out what
steps exactly are executed in which scenario. If you are interested if
a certain application is working fine, say "firefox", this is tested
for each Tumbleweed snapshot, as well as e.g. gnucash. So you can be
sure that basic functionality is tested every time. If one would
encounter a serious issue in one of these applications and it is
missed by the openQA tests, feel free to help providing these tests.

Thanks for the explanation and the pointers Oliver - I have occasionally
been playing with the idea of creating some test cases, but I've not
really tried hard enough.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.2°C)